IDL Related Offerings
RoutinesA few useful IDL routines I've made available:
- UNDEF - undefine and free associated heap memory for up to 64 variables at a time.
- SLICE_ND - for taking slices of arbitrary dimensioned arrays.
- MATCH_2D - for matching 2D coordinate lists within a given search radius.
- HIST_ND - for arbitrary N-dimensional histogram binning.
- SORT_ND - for efficient sorting of arrays along any dimension.
- RESTORE_OBJECT - for restoring objects from disk while preserving class structure and available methods. See this article for more background.
- GANG_PLOT_POS - a routine for creating multiple abutted plots on a page.
- POLYFILLAA, POLYCLIP and supporting C code, for clipping one or more polygons against a pixel grid. Computes the exact area of overlap, and optionally returns the resultant clipped polygons. Auto-compiles a custom C version of the Sutherland-Hodgman polygon clipper for speed, and can operate on multiple polygons at once for maximum throughput. v1.1 improves memory performance for higher total polygon count.
- MAX_CUMULATIVE - for an efficient cumulative maximum along an arbitrary dimension.
- spherical_angle_offset, spherical_coord_rotate, spherical_poly_area: Three spherical trig routines.
TutorialsI've written a few tutorials on some of IDL's trickier functionality, including HISTOGRAM, REBIN/REFORM, operator precedence, pointers, and array concatenation, available on David Fanning's IDL website (highly recommended).
Also have a look at my Emacs IDL mode, IDLWAVE.
Last modified: Mon Feb 27 18:45:54 EST 2012