IDL Related Offerings
RoutinesA few useful IDL routines I've made available:
- UNDEF - undefine and free associated heap memory for up to 64 variables at a time.
- SLICE_ND - for taking slices of arbitrary dimensioned arrays.
- MATCH_2D - for matching 2D coordinate lists within a given search radius.
- HIST_ND - for arbitrary N-dimensional histogram binning.
- SORT_ND - for efficient sorting of arrays along any dimension.
- RESTORE_OBJECT - for restoring objects from disk while preserving class structure and available methods. See this article for more background.
- GANG_PLOT_POS - a routine for creating multiple abutted plots on a page.
- POLYFILLAA, POLYCLIP and supporting C code, for clipping one or more polygons against a pixel grid. Computes the exact area of overlap, and optionally returns the resultant clipped polygons. Auto-compiles a custom C version of the Sutherland-Hodgman polygon clipper for speed, and can operate on multiple polygons at once for maximum throughput. v1.1 improves memory performance for higher total polygon count, and v1.2 fixes compiler warnings with IDL8.2 and higher.
- MAX_CUMULATIVE - for an efficient cumulative maximum along an arbitrary dimension.
- spherical_angle_offset, spherical_coord_rotate, spherical_poly_area: Three spherical trig routines.
TutorialsI've written a few tutorials on some of IDL's trickier functionality, including HISTOGRAM, REBIN/REFORM, operator precedence, pointers, and array concatenation, available on David Fanning's IDL website (highly recommended).
Also have a look at my Emacs IDL mode, IDLWAVE.
Last modified: Tue Jun 18 12:50:20 EDT 2013